July 20, 2010

Birthday Bash

I can't believe the birthday festivities are over! We have had a wonderful first year with our little man and ended it with a great birthday party at Occoquan Park. It was an "under the sea" theme. My friends Shauna and Savannah arrived an hour early to help me set up (thank goodness!) For favors, I filled sand pails with fish clappers, beach balls and fish bubbles. I made lots of treats (with the help of my friend Andrea!) including fishy cookies, "beach" cupcakes, oreo pops with "L" and "1" on them, and an octopus cake! Our guests sipped "aquatic punch" and snacked on goldfish crackers and gummy fish while waiting for the grill to fire up. The kiddies had lots of fun playing at the water table and swimming pool which I filled with beach balls and blow-up sea creatures. After everyone ate we sang "Happy Birthday" and Lucas thoroughly enjoyed devouring his cake. By the end of the day we were hot and ready for a nap! It was a wonderful celebration of the gift that God gave us a year ago this month and we were glad that we had so many wonderful friends to join us! Happy 1st Birthday Lucas Stephen Sewall!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment