April 14, 2011

Surprise! She's Here!

Our little Allie decided she did not want to wait until her planned c-section April 28th to meet us! On Saturday night I started having what I thought were Braxton Hicks contractions, but as we sped off to the hospital at 4pm the next day I started to think this was the real thing! By the time we arrived I was 6 centimeters and progressing fast, and Allison Elizabeth Sewall was born just a few hours later naturally at 7:55 pm! Although she was only 36 weeks and 5 days, she was born healthy at 6 lbs and 3 oz, 19 inches long. We are all recovering and doing well, just learning to adjust to life as a family of 4. Here are the first of many pictures to come!

Well hello world!

First embrace

First bath at the INOVA Fairfax Hospital

My two most precious blessings

Introducing Big Brother Lucas

Future daddy's girl

Ready to go home (and take a nap!)

The product of our love

Leaving the hospital

First day at home

7 comments:

  1. She's beautiful Julie! Can't wait to get everyone together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you and your family! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I am so happy everything went so smoothly this time. I can't wait to meet her and hear some new stories!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful Julie, she is certainly a blessing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's sweet,my first great-niece! love great aunt mag

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie & Steve...she is so beautiful! Can't wait to meet her! kisses, cousin Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. so awesome. she's so cute! :) - gina

    ReplyDelete