January 10, 2010

Lucas Starts Solids!

Lucas began eating rice cereal at five months of age. We transitioned into oatmeal cereal (which he liked a lot better!) and last week we were ready to start peas! At first taste peas were not his favorite, but by the end of the week he was tolerating them a bit better. Lucas now has his oatmeal in the morning and peas at dinner time. Next week, green beans!

Here is Lucas in his highchair eating his peas. He was a very good sport considering they weren't his favorite! I have also been giving him some water in his sippy cup at each meal after reading that it is a good habit to begin when introducing solids. The idea made sense to me, considering that adults like to have a beverage with their meal too :)

I use the Babycook to make my own baby food. My sister-in-law purchased this machine for us and I am very appreciative! I can make a large supply of food in 15 minutes! Thanks Frances!

No comments:

Post a Comment